Next To My Reading Chair

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My 2012 Reading List

I recently read a post from Stephanie at Keeper of the Home about her 2012 Reading List. I have friends who make reading lists and often thought it was a good idea. Well, I decided to move two of our bookshelves to a different room and discovered books that I haven't read or would like to read again because it has been many years since my last reading of them. I pulled them out and decided to make my own 2012 reading list. Some I have read before, some will be new to me but all them are already owned.

Books I Would Like to Read in 2012
(in no particular order)


Sit, Walk, Stand by Watchman Nee

The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee

Stonewycke Legacy by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella

The Highlander and His Lady by Lisa Samson

The Love Comes Softly Series by Janette Oke

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas

Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell

Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo

When You Rise Up by R.C. Sproul

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Give Them Grace by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick

The Blessing by John Trent and Gary Smalley

There are many others that I don't own that I hope to own or borrow from the library and read. They are sitting in my Amazon wish list waiting for the right time.

The best book I read in 2011 was One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It is back on my 2012 list as a re-read as is Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell. One Thousand Gifts marked a big turn around in my attitude and life. Whether it was the book or I was just at a place of being ready to change I don't know. Probably both. Either way, it is a definite keeper and re-read!

No comments:

Post a Comment